Style for everyone means something different. Personally, I love all styles, but my lifestyle with family and living at the beach demands California casual. Sometimes I feel like I’m stuck in my own style. This is when I give myself the same lesson I would give a client…time to freshen up and here is how were going to do it…Style ingredients:
Fresh flowers, roses and orchids
Stacks of books and magazines
Pops of color to move around the room
Accessories, white pot, white candles, white slipcovers (Potterybarn)
Pillow with texture and pattern (Bon Bon Home–Dash and Albert)
Throw with texture and pattern (Bon Bon Home–Dash and Albert)
1. Clear off all your coffee table, side tables, accent pillows and accessories…everything but the large pieces of furniture. Set everything in another room in like piles; books together, glass vases together etc.
2. If your room has enough space to work with, move furniture. Play with the space as if you were seeing it for the first time.
3. Buy or make some pillow for the sofa and other chairs in the space.
4. Place the pillows and throw on the sofa and chairs and begin building around the big pieces.
5. Coffee table, stack books, place a pot of orchids on one end and balance the opposite side of the table with white candles. Add an additional stack of books and a pop of color. “Don’t be afraid to pull accessories from other rooms…go for it…you can always put things back.”
6. Side table, start with fresh flower, a stack of well read magazines and another pop of color.