Stuffed portobello mushrooms make a fantastic main dish. I made the stuffing with spinach, apple sausage, goat cheese, mozzarella cheese, Seaside Market bread crumbs and topped with parmesan cheese. Pair these mushrooms with a yummy wedge salad and you have dinner. Bon Appetit… xoxo
Recipe click here
Recipe Stuffed Portebello Mushrooms
- 8 to 10 portebello mushrooms
- 1 10 oz package of frozen spinach
- 1 cup of homemade bread crumbs
- 1 5.5 oz good goat cheese
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 2 sausages cut into small pieces
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese (reserve for topping)
Sautee spinach and set aside. Cook sausage pieces until slightly browned and set aside. Whip the mushroom top with a moist paper towel to clean. Clean out the centers of the mushrooms with a melon ball tool. Mix the above ingredients withe the spinach and sausage. Stuff the mixture into the mushroom shells. Place on parchment lined baking sheet. Sprinkle tops with bread crumbs and parmesan cheese. Bake at 350` for 20 to 25 minutes.
Yummy! Love this one!