So, first off, Happy New Year! I’m really so excited to have a fresh new year ahead. Resolutions, new beginnings, nothing but fantastic possibilities… Having said that; with all the excitement ahead it’s time to put the past behind. The past meaning all the extreme food consumption we all inhaled over the past two months-Right? Here we go…new year, new habits. I can’t decide if this is a New Years salad or a hang over salad. I’m craving salad, because I’m off to a healthy start. Yet, I’m craving spicy and mixed flavors, not to mention, just one more margarita. After all, today is still a holiday… xoxox
- recipe read more…Marinated chicken from a good market, such as Whole Foods, Sprouts, Seaside Market or Harvest Ranch. Grill at home stove top and set aside.
- Red leaf and green leaf lettuce, cleaned and torn into pit size pieces
- One can of black bean, drained
- 1 cup of frozen sweet corn cooked
- 2 avocados
- 1 red/purple onion chopped
- Yellow and orange bell peppers chopped
- 1 lime cut into wedges
- Lighthouse creamy cilantro salad dressing
- Optional hot sauce or salsa ;0)
Mix all together, top with cut chicken and avocado. Sit down with a margarita and enjoy.