While we are on the subject of tossing, does anyone remember my Thanksgiving table? If you missed it, check it out here. I used magnolia leaves in natural and eggplant to embellish the theme. It was petty awesome if I may say so myself. Any-who, I loved the leaves so much that I didn’t want to toss them, so here is what I came up with as a décor DIY leftover.
What you need:
• One basket with handles, I got mine here
• 2inch double-sided satin ribbon
• Small pattern ribbon, Michaels
• Wood letters with clear hangers, Michaels
• Magnolia leaves or pine branches
• Cut 6 inch strips of the small ribbon
• Tie each strip to the plastic letter tag
• Lay out the letters on the basket to center and space evenly
• Tie the letters on and be sure to have them hang at the same length
• Measure how much 2inch ribbon you need to create a hanger on the door. I placed the basket where I wanted to see it on the door and then figured how much ribbon. Give yourself enough extra ribbon to tie off the ends.
• Tie separate bows with the 2inch ribbon to each side of the basket handles.
• Stuff the basket with magnolia leaves or pine branches.
• Hang and Be Happy!