Hi Loves! I want to thank all of you for your sweet messages and e-mails over the past few days. Your kindness saved me, xoxo. I’m doing better; still getting hit with what I call waves of reality, but for the most part I’m plugging along. Just trying to stay busy seems to help.
It was good for me to get back to you with a recipe for today. I ran out to the store this morning. I’m finding myself a little forgetful or distracted. I forgot lemons and had to go back. But it’s all-good, because this salad is delish and the extra trip to the store was a welcomed distraction. Smooches and enjoy!
• 1 bad of fresh or frozen organic peas
• 1 organic lemon squeezed
• 1 organic tomato diced, seeded and soak in balsamic
• ¼ organic purple onion chopped small
• 1 organic brick of cheddar/jack cheese cut in small cubes
• 1 pre-cooked organic chicken thigh, (pick it up at the market) optional
• 3 TBL organic Greek yogurt
• 1 TBL organic mayo
• 1 TBL organic sweet mustard
• Sea salt and lemon pepper to taste
• A light sprinkle of Cayenne pepper (unless you want it hotter)
Steam the peas. I steam in a bowl in the microwave for about 2 ½ minutes covered in 3 tablespoons of water. Drain the peas and set aside to cool. Cut and dice the onion, tomatoes, chicken and cheese. Combine the yogurt, mayo, lemon juice, mustard, salt, pepper and Cayenne pepper in a large bowl. Add peas and other ingredients except the tomatoes. Toss to combine. Place into a pretty bowl and garnish the edge of the bowl with the marinated tomatoes.